This is a turkey.
That is an apple pie.
Do Americans and Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving?
Yes, they do.
This is a canoe.
Those are beans.
This is corn.
That is corn bread.
It is cranberry sauce.
Many people watch football on Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving is a celebration of that year’s harvest.
This is gravy.
Indians helped the first settlers grow and harvest their crops.
In the USA people celebrate Thanksgiving in November.
This is a pumpkin pie.
These are squash.
That’s a sweet potato.
Can you fill in the gaps in the sentences?
1. In the USA people celebrate Thanksgiving in …… .
2. The usually eat …… pie and …… pie.
3. They eat turkey with …… sauce.
4. Many people watch …… on Thanksgiving Day.
5. Thanksgiving is a celebration of that year’s …… .
2. apple, pumpkin