The Ironman Triathlon – Alapfok (B1) – olvasott szöveg értése
Olvasd el a szöveget, majd döntsd el, hogy az állítások igazak, vagy hamisak!
The Ironman Triathlon is a series of long-distance races, which consists of a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bicycle ride, and a marathon 26.22-mile (42.20 km) run, raced in that order. It is widely considered one of the most difficult one-day sporting events in the world. It is a challenge even for the extremely fit.
Most Ironman events have a limited time of 16 or 17 hours to complete the race, depending on the course. The race typically starts at 7:00 am. It’s been said that just finishing is a victory! Any participant who manages to complete the triathlon within these time limits is designated an Ironman.
The Ironman World Championship has been held annually in Hawaii since 1978. It has become known for its length, its difficult race conditions, and award-winning television coverage. However, it did not receive wide-scale publicity until 1982, when it was first broadcast on national American television.
Athletes looking for a challenge that’s less intense should consider the Ironman 70.3 series. At half the distances of a full Ironman — a 1.2-mile (1.9-kilometer) swim, 56-mile (90-kilometer) bike ride, and a 13.1-mile (21-kilometer) run — the Ironman 70.3 series is the fastest-growing triathlon series in the world.
Feeling strong? If you’ve completed the distance of the Ironman, consider a Hyperman triathlon (which is three times the Ironman distance over three days) or a Deca triathlon (10 times the Ironman distance to be completed in 18 days or less.)
- The order of the events an Ironman Triathlon is always the same.
- People usually think it is the most difficult sporting event in the world.
- You can easily finish the Ironman if you are extremely fit.
- Most people complete the race in 16 or 17 hours.
- If you finish the race within the given time you are called an Ironman.
- The Ironman World Championship is held every year at the same place.
- It is famous for the TV broadcasts about it.
- It has been on television since 1978.
- The Ironman 70.3 is a race for the fastest competitors.
- Only those who have finished the Ironman can take part in a Hyperman and a Deca triathlon.
The Ironman Triathlon
1.True 2. False 3. False 4. False 5. True 6. True 7. True 8. False 9. False 10. False