Öltözködési tanácsok állásinterjúra készülőknek egy kis feladattal.
How to Dress for Your Job Interview
Knowing what to wear on a job interview is half the battle of the interview itself. The old adage could never be so true, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.”
When you’re going on a job interview, your appearance is extremely important. Whether or not you look professional or sloppy could decide whether you get hired.
When first deciding what to wear on a job interview, you should first take into consideration the culture of the company you are interviewing with, and dress accordingly. Are you interviewing with a company where the employees wear suits everyday or do they wear t-shirts and jeans?
A suit is not always the best choice for what to wear on a job interview. If you show up wearing a suit and tie and all the employees are wearing shorts and flip-flops, you will look out of place, feel uncomfortable and give off the wrong energy. The same is true of the opposite. If you show up wearing shorts and flip-flops to a company that wears professional attire, you will be just confirming that you don’t fit into the company.
If you want to get the job, your choice of what to wear on a job interview should match or be slightly dressier than the normal work attire of the company. For example, if the normal work attire of the company is business casual, it’s OK to wear a suit to impress. If the normal work attire is casual, it’s OK to wear a business casual outfit to impress as well. Appropriateness is the most important factor on what to wear on a job interview.
After you decide whether a professional, business casual, or casual outfit is the most appropriate for your interview, here are some guidelines you will want to stay within when deciding what to wear on a job interview. The key is to wear clothing that you feel comfortable and look great in, while at the same time matching the corresponding dress code of the company. That way you’ll give off great energy and your true personality shine through.
– Make sure that your clothes are neatly ironed. Nothing gives away the lack of attention to detail more than wrinkled clothing.
– Make sure your clothing fits properly.
– Don’t wear flashy jewelry. You’ll want the interviewer to pay attention to you, not your bling.
– Dress according to the season. Don’t wear perfume or aftershave. You never know if your interviewer is allergic and this isn’t a good way to find out.
– Make sure you have a nice, clean haircut that makes you look well groomed.
– For women, don’t wear anything that is too revealing. It’s best to keep your body parts inside your clothing and not be too exposed
– Avoid articles of clothing with loud, busy prints. It’s best to wear solid colors that flatter your skin tone.
– For women, make sure you wear appropriate lingerie and/or pantyhose underneath your clothing. This will give you smooth lines and assure you don’t have visible panty lines on your backside.
– For women, don’t overdo your makeup. Wear natural colors and avoid heavy eyeshadow, eyeliner and bright colored lipstick.
So, congratulations on getting the interview! Now you know exactly what to wear to the interview so you can get the job.
adage – szólás
sloppy – hanyag, rendetlen
to get hired – felvételt nyerni valahova
to take into consideration – számításba venni
to interview with a company – egy cégnél interjúzni
accordingly – valaminek megfelelően
employee – alkalmazott
suit – öltöny
tie – nyakkendő
professional attire – hivatalos öltözék
to confirm – megerősíteni
slightly – kissé
dressier – elegánsabb
business casual – hivatali lezser
appropriateness – alkalmasság
factor – tényező
to give off great energy – nagyszerű energiát sugározni
to shine – ragyogni
to iron – vasalni
wrinkled – gyűrött
It fits. – Jól áll, megfelelő méret.
flashy – feltűnő
bling – csillogó bizsu, ékszer
well groomed – jól ápolt
revealing – sokat mutató, kihívó
to expose – kitenni
to avoid – elkerülni
loud, busy print – vad, feltűnő minta
to flatter – hízelegni, előnyös színben feltünteni
lingerie – fehérnemű
pantyhose – harisnya
panty lines – bugyivonal
to overdo – túlzásba vinni
Match the words and the definitions.
b) showy, glittery
3. to shine
c) to regard
d) aphorism, motto
5. to take into consideration
e) to radiate, to sparkle
1-b, 2-d, 3-e, 4-a, 5-c