- Wrapped (becsomagolt; kiugrik a bőréből örömében)as an adjective it means something is covered with paper or some material(in Australia, slang) it’s about a person’s feelings when they’re extremely excited
or happy because of something
- Wrap up (becsomagolni)as a phrasal verb it means the same as ’wrap’, to cover something with paper, they have
the same meaning; or you express rudely that somebody should shut upas a noun it means that there is a news block on TV (wrap-up)
- Wrap (someone) up (bebugyolálni valakit)as a phrasal verb it means that you cover somebody with clothes or blankets to protect them
- Wrap something up (véget vetni valaminek)as a phrasal verb it also means that you end or finish something
- Wrap around / Wrap round (betekerni valamit/valakit valamivel)as a phrasal verb it means that you put something around something else,
you must state what is the covering
- Have (someone) wrapped around (one’s) finger (ujja köré csavarni)as an idiom it means that somebody has complete control over someone else,
they manipulate the other person
- To keep (something) under wraps (titokban tartani valamit)as an idiom it means that you keep something as a secret or you conceal something
- That’s a wrap! / It’s a wrap! (Csapó! Itt a vége!)as an expression it means that you announce the end of something, an activity, an event or a
project has been successfully completed. It is often used at the end on film sets.
A magyarázatok után, teszteld új tudásodat a következő mondatokban.
- My best friend’s girlfriend has him _____________her little finger.
- Has your workmate _______her project yet, or is she still working on it?
- I must _________this smelly cheese in the fridge.
- I love when my husband’s arm is __________my waist.
- Come on, I can’t listen to your complaints, ___________!
- It’s cold here. I will ____you ____nice and tight with this blanket so that you won’t catch a bad cold.
- Your daughter will be _______to hear that you’ve bought her concert tickets for Christmas.
- Oh, I’ve hit the jackpot!! I must keep it ___________otherwise I will have loads of false friends.
- Your _______presents are hidden in my flat so that you can’t find them before Christmas.
- Okay, guys! _________! You’ve done a great job, thank you for your efforts!
keys/megoldások: 1. wrapped around; 2. wrapped up; 3. wrap up; 4. wrapped around; 5. wrap up; 6. wrap, up; 7. wrapped; 8. under wraps; 9. wrapped; 10. That’s a wrap