At the airport and on the plane – Conversations
– Good morning sir. Can I see your ticket and passport?
– Certainly. There you are.
– Thank you.
– OK. And how many suitcases will you be checking in?
– Just one suitcase.
– Did you pack your bag yourself?
– Yes, I did.
– Do you have any electrical goods?
– I have an electric shaver in my hand luggage. Is that OK?
– That’s fine. So nothing else in your suitcase?
– Would you like a window or aisle seat?
– A window seat please.
– OK. Just one moment. This is your seat number and the departure gate. You can go straight through to the departure lounge. Enjoy your flight.
– What time will we be boarding?
– Oh, we begin boarding at 7.
– OK. Thank you.
On the plane
– Would you like a newspaper to read madam?
– No, thank you.
– Would you like a newspaper to read sir?
– Sir. Sir?
– Oh. Would you like a newspaper to read sir?
– Yeah, I’ll take the Daily Mail.
– There you go sir.
– Thank you. It’ll help take my mind off things. I’m always a little nervous before flight.
– Oh well. Try not to worry too much. You know air flight is the safest form of travel.
– I know. I’m sure I’ll be better after we take off.
– You know we have some flight entertainment for you, too. You’ll find the film guide in the pocket in front of you or in the flight magazine.
– Oh good. A nice film will help me to relax.
– Programs will start shortly after take-off. If there is anything I can get for you then please just call for assistance.
– When will dinner be served?
– In about an hour or so. We have fish, steak and the vegetarian option. Which one would you like?
– Fish please.
– OK. I’ll be back later. Now please just try to relax and enjoy your flight.
Duty Free Goods
– Sir, have you seen the catalogue for our in-flight shop?
– This one?
– That’s it. Would you like to order any duty free goods?
– Yes, please. Can I pay by credit card?
– Yes. All major credit cards are accepted but purchases must not exceed 500 US dollars.
– OK. I’d like this bottle of Scotch Whisky please. At 34 dollars?
– Right. That will be one bottle of Johnny Walker Malt Whisky. Is there anything else that you would like sir?
– Yes, I’d like these titanium sunglasses. Their price’s at 145 US dollars. Will that be all, sir?
– Yes, that’s everything. Thanks.
– The total bill comes to 179 US dollars. Can I have your credit card please?
Le tudod fordítani az alábbi magyar mondatokat angolra? Segít a videó szövege.
1. Saját maga pakolta be a bőröndjét?
2. Ablak melletti vagy folyosó melletti ülést szeretne?
3. Segít elterelni a figyelmemet a dolgokról.
4. Repülés előtt mindig kicsit ideges vagyok.
5. A repülés az utazás legbiztonságosabb módja.
6. Fizethetek hitelkártyával?
7. Minden főbb hitelkártya típust elfogadunk.
8. Szeretne még valamit?
9. Ez minden?
10. Elkérhetem a hitelkártyáját?
1. Did you pack your bag/suitcase yourself?
2. Would you like a window or aisle seat?
3. It’ll help take my mind off things.
4. I’m always a little nervous before flight.
5. Air flight is the safest form of travel.
6. Can I pay by credit card?
7. All major credit cards are accepted.
8. Is there anything else that you would like?
9. Will that be all?
10. Can I have your credit card?