– Now we are gonna have breakfast! Okay? Just you and me. What do you want for breakfast?
– French toast.
– You want French toast, you got it. Put up a little water for Daddy to have some coffee. We got how many eggs? Two for you and two for me. We got milk. We got butter. We got $5. I got $5. Here, you sit here. Okay, can you be my number one helper? Watch this. One hand. Here we go. Did you know that all the best chefs are men? Isn’t this terrific? We gotta do this more often.
– You dropped some shell in it.
– That’s okay. Makes it crunchier. You like it crunchy, don’t you? Why don’t you beat them, and I’ll get everything else going. What time is school?
– Gotta get the show on the road. I gotta shower, shave and shampoo. I got people to see. And Daddy’s gotta bring home the bacon …and he’s gotta cook it. We’re having a good time! Where does Mommy keep the..?
– In the stove.
– The pan. The stove. First, we need a nice fire. No, you’re not doing it right. Look, you gotta do it fast. See? It’s the wrist. So, the gucky part dissolves. Then you take the bread, and we… We… We fold the French toast. That’s what we do.
– I think you forgot milk.
– I didn’t. Milk comes last. When you’re having a good time you forget things. I just wanted to see if you’re paying attention. Fun, isn’t it? When’s the last time Mommy let you in the kitchen?
– I don’t like it in pieces.
– It tastes the same whether it’s in pieces or whole. Bread is bread. Besides, French toast is always folded. In the best restaurants, you see folded French toast. You get more bites that way. And while that’s going, Daddy’s gonna make coffee. You having a good time? I don’t remember the last time I had such a good time.