1) if you are alone in a place, there is no one with you
2) without any friends or people you know
single: egyedülálló/egy darab sem, senki sem
1) not married, or not involved in a romantic relationship with anyone
2) no people or things at all
lonesome: elhagyatott, társtalan
1) very unhappy because you are alone or have no friends
2) a lonesome place is a long way from where people live and very few people go there
solitary: egyedüli, magányos (mert szeret egyedül lenni)
1) used to emphasize that there is only one of something
2) doing something without anyone else with you
3) spending a lot of time alone, usually because you like being alone
1) being taken away
detached: elkülönített, elválasztott, különálló
1) not reacting to or becoming involved in something in an emotional way
TÖLTSD KI A SZÖVEGET A LEGODAILL?BB SZÓVAL!
- Anette never leaves her five-year-old son ………. at home.
- Mother tries to hide it, but we know that she is a ………. woman.
- We have no neighbours because our house stands ……… on a hill.
- After his wife’s deth, his evenings have been long and ……….. .
- Marion doesn’t see anyone. She leads a ………. life.
- For a long time now we have been looking for a ………. house to live in.
- He didn’t say a ………. word to defend himself.
- Do you know if she is married or ……..?
- You can’t lift this heave suitcase …….. .
- Mr Redding didn’t like to be ……….. at meals.
answers: alone, lonely, alone, solitary, lonesome, detached, single, single, alone, alone