Középfokú hallott szövegértés ITK Origo nyelvvizsgára készülőknek.
Police use drunk’s satnav to find home-alone child
1. Miért kellett a rendőrségnek a GPS segítségével megtudni, hol lakik Ruth Evans?
2. Miért tartóztatták le Evanst?
3. Hogy került ilyen állapotba a nő?
4. Milyen vétségeket vallott be Evans a tárgyaláson?
5. Milyen büntetést szabott ki a bíró?
A woman got so drunk she forgot where she left a ‘home-alone’ child when she was arrested, a court heard. Ruth Evans confessed to officers that she had ditched the child to go drinking but was unable to tell them the address. Undeterred, resourceful police officers used the satnav in her car to retrace the route the 41-year-old took to get to the pub in Tenterden, Kent, last June. They found the house and ‘with the help of others’ got into the property to find the child, who cannot be named for legal reasons, safely asleep on the sofa. Judge James O’Mahony told Evans she should be ‘thoroughly ashamed’ of herself but she was spared jail in favour of 150 hours of unpaid community service.
Evans had gone to the pub last June to buy several bottles of wine to take out, the hearing was told. But she stayed to drink half a pint of shandy and then started to share one of the bottles of wine with some customers. ‘After some time she was told the bar was closing but at this Evans started to become abusive and aggressive,’ prosecutor Jim Harvey told Canterbury crown court.
Once outside Evans thought she had left one of the bottles of wine inside and the police were called after she started trying to kick the door down to retrieve it. One of the officers attempted to talk to Evans but had ‘no fruitful conversation’ with her because she was ‘extremely wound up’, Mr Harvey said. She was arrested for being drunk and disorderly after she lunged at one of the officers and pushed him while ‘baring her teeth’.
It was when she was being driven to the police station that Evans told officers a child was alone in the house she had left but she couldn’t remember the address. ‘They asked her repeatedly but just received drunken mutterings in response,’ Mr Harvey said. Evans admitted cruelty to a child, being in charge of a car while unfit through drink and an assault on a police officer.
1. Mert olyan részeg volt, hogy csak arra emlékezett, egyedül hagyt a gyerekét, de nem tudta megmondani a címét.
2. Részegen rugdosta a pub ajtaját, majd a kihívott rendőrnek nekitámadt.
3. Eredetileg csak pár üveg borért ment a pubba, de megállt egy italra, majd egy üveg bort elosztott más vendégekkel. Záráskor pedig agresszívvé vált.
4. Gyermekkel szembeni gondatlanság, ittas vezetés és hivatalos személy elleni erőszak.
5. Evans megúszta a börtönt, de 150 óra fizetés nélküli közmunkára ítélték.