Nyugati station reopens from today
As of early this morning, Monday, 19 July, Nyugati station is back in operation after major, long-term renovation. Most services that had been diverted via other stations now return to this historic landmark on the Nagykörút. The station hall itself should be completely open by the start of the school year in September. On average, 500 trains a day arrive and depart from Nyugati, destinations including Esztergom, Debrecen and Szeged.
An architectural monument, a steel-and-glass steam palace originally built by the Eiffel company of Tower fame, Nyugati station has just reopened to accommodate an average 18 million passengers a year.
Over the last year or so, its major renovation has involved 150 workers a day, and more than three kilometres of track and five kilometres of overhead lines have been installed, limiting the number of delays.
The public address system, as well as the information boards, are still to be upgraded, and two large-panel LED walls, similar to those at Keleti station, will be put in place. Renovation of the station hall will continue until the end of August, and the reconstruction of the entire roof structure by 2022 as planned.
source: We Love Budapest
A cikkhez kapcsolódóan összegyűjtöttünk 8 szó magyarázatát. A feladatotok az, hogy megtaláljátok a cikkben ezeket a szavakat.
source: Cambridge Dictionary
- the pair of long metal bars fixed on the ground at an equal distance from each other, along which trains travel
- cause something or someone to turn in a different direction
- to go away or leave, especially on a journey
- to improve the quality or usefulness of something, or change it for something newer or of a better standard
- to have or provide the space that someone or something needs
- the place where someone is going or where something is being sent or taken
- to put furniture, a machine, or a piece of equipment into position and make it ready to use
- the act or process of repairing and improving something, especially a building
keys/megoldások: 1. track; 2. to divert; 3. to depart; 4. to upgrade; 5. to accommodate; 6. destination; 7. to install; 8. renovation
|to be back in operation||újra üzemkésznek lenni|
|architectural monument||építészeti műemlék|
|steel and glass steam palace||acélt és üveget ötvöző csarnok|
|overhead lines||felsővezeték hálózatok|
|public address system||hangos utastájékoztatási
|to put in place||bevezetni/telepíteni|
|entire roof structure||teljes tetőszerkezet|