The Key To Weight Loss Could Be Breathing

középfok

Rövid olvasás-értési feladat egészség és fitnesz témakörben. 

The Key To Weight Loss Could Be Breathing

 

Researchers in Australia have discovered that breathing is a big factor in determining how quickly weight loss happens. 

In short and at large, fat gets exhaled, so breathing facilitates shedding pounds. 

Of course, there are a number of details that prevent the process from actually being that simple.

Their results were recently published in the British Medical Journal. 

The scientists began their study by getting to the bottom of what happens to fat. 

They found that the bulky matter is composed of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. 

In order for it to leave the body, its atoms must regroup to become something that can be readily purged, like a gas or a liquid. 

After 4 months they arrived at the conclusion that 84 percent of a fat molecule is breathed out as carbon dioxide, and the remaining 16 percent departs as a fluid.

The problem is that it’s not a self-contained process, and the body needs extra oxygen – or breaths – to pull it off. 

As a person can only breathe so much while sitting around, simply doing so is still not much of a diet plan. 

That’s where exercise comes in, as it often tends to in such matters, as it accelerates the rate of respiration and thus, fat loss.

source: GeoBeats News
 

Find the words in the text that mean the same.

 

1. to help

2. to do something successfully

3. to make something faster

4. to breath out

5. to clean

6. to control

7. to lose

8. to examine thoroughly

9. in general

10. not needing any outside help

 

Key:

 

1. to facilitate

2. to pull it off

3. to accelerate

4. to exhale

5. to purge

6. to determine

7. to shed

8. to get to the bottom

9. at large

10. self-contained

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Nézd meg ezt is:  Sport - Get your skates on!

Vocabulary

weight loss

fogyás

breathing

lélegzés, légzés

researcher

kutató

to determine

meghatározni

at large

általánosságban

to exhale

kilélegezni

to facilitate

megkönnyíteni, elősegíteni

to shed

elveszíteni, lerázni

to get to the bottom of something

megvizsgálni valaminek az alapjait

bulky

nagy terjedelmű, vastag

carbon

szén

in order for

valaminek az érdekében

to purge

kitisztítani, megtisztítani

carbon dioxide

széndioxid

fluid

folyadék

self-contained process

magától végbemenő folyamat

pull something off

sikerre vinni valamit

to tend to

hajlamos valamire, szokott

to accelerate

felgyorsítani

rate of respiration

légzésszám

Kapcsolódó anyagok

Visszajelzés
Visszajelzés
Egyéb megjegyzés
Következő
Email
Vissza
Küldés
Köszönjük!