This year, it will not be the kind of Christmas that we’re used to – but the city will at least be decked out in bright decorations made from recycled and energy-saving materials.
Alongsidethe recently imposed restrictions around town, there are a few things to be cheerful about. There has been more and more emphasis on a green approach to citywide development, including increased cycle lanes.
This change will also be reflected in Christmas decorations this year, as Budapest will be adorned with new, environmentally friendly, recycled ornaments from the 29 November, the first Sunday of Advent.
Merry green Christmas
“The decorations are made using recycled plastic and aluminium, as well as sugar cane. For the first time, bio-degradable and recyclable materials will light up Budapest,” says city mayor Gergely Karácsony.
Without the crowds of last year around the Basilica and Vörösmarty tér, the squares and streets will at least not feel so empty. And the ornaments themselves will be lighter, make it easier on the trees.
Those on the section running along Andrássy út to Oktogon, and around Városháza park near Deák tér will be illuminated with lights of 8.5kw, which means 40% less energy consumption compared to previous years.
source: We Love Budapest
A cikk elolvasása után próbáld kiegészíteni a ‘zöld’ dekorálási tippeket a megadott szavak segítségével.
Green decoration tips:
wreath – bows – strip – colour – timer – silk – efficient – bottles – baubles – lights – inserting – pine cones
1. Collect ______ and use them to decorate your tree instead of manufactured_______.
2. Go for a minimalist approach and use sustainable materials such as cotton, ____or hemp to create ________and add colour.
3. Use LED _______ which are more energy______ .
4. Use a _______ power _____ to ensure the lights are off when you’re asleep or out of the house.
5. Try using vodka or wine _______ as decorations by ______led lights or candles into them and placing them on a table.
6. Use fruit and berries to add ______and decoration to your tree and ______.
source: Green News. ie
keys/megoldások: 1. pine cones, baubles; 2. silk, bows; 3. lights, efficient; 4. timer, strip; 5. bottles, inserting; 6. colour, wreath