20 Amazing Facts
- The office cubicle was invented by Robert Propst in 1968. His original design was called the Action Office System and provided “a social kind of privacy” for the worker.
- The first item sold on eBay was a broken laser pointer.
- Salvador Dalí designed the Chupa Chups logo.
- Kea parrots spread warbles when they’re in a good mood, making them the first known non-mammal species to communicate with infectious laughter.
- Before he sang lead vocals for Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne worked in a slaughterhouse.
- At the Wife Carrying World Championships in Finland, first prize is the wife’s weight in beer.
- The raven that inspired Edgar Allan Poe’s poem was named Grip, and he was Charles Dickens’s beloved pet.
- There are beaches in the Maldives that glow in the dark.
- While an Oscar is of unnamed value to someone who wins (or loses) one, the actual trophy has a raw value of about $600.
- Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- A solar eclipse helped end a six-year war in 585 BCE. When the sky suddenly darkened during a battle between the Lydians and the Medes in modern Turkey, soldiers took it as a sign to cease fighting.
- The original title for Scream was Scary Movie.
- Paraskavedekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th.
- Sweden is so efficient, only one percent of its garbage ends up in a landfill.
- Nintendo was founded in 1889. Before it sold video games, the Japanese company specialized in playing cards.
- In early drafts of the Back to the Future script, the time machine was built out of an old refrigerator.
- Jim Henson made his first Kermit puppet using his mother’s old coat and two halves of a ping pong ball.
- All newspapers in the British Library were ironed by hand to ensure a clear image before they were microfilmed.
- Movie trailers are called that for a reason: They used to run after the movie.
- A double rainbow occurs when sunlight is reflected twice inside a raindrop. If you look closely, you can see that the colors of the secondary rainbow appear in reverse
A következő mondatoknál találd meg a helyes megoldást. (2. és 3. feltételes típusú mondatszerkezetek)
|office cubicle||irodai boxok/
|kea parrot||kea, a papagájalakúak
és a bagolypapagáj-félék
|raw value||egyedi ár|