Calories per serving: 310
Fat per serving: 11g
– 90g butter, softened
– 125g caster sugar
– 1 medium egg
– 250g plain flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
– 1 kg-loaf tin, buttered and lined with a strip of baking parchment
1. Set the oven to moderate, Gas 4 or 180°C.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, then add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and beat until the mixture is smooth. Then pour it into the prepared loaf tin.
3. Bake the loaf in the centre of the over for about 1 hour, or until the cake feels set to the touch, and a skewer comes out clean after being inserted into the cake.
4. Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool in the loaf tin for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Serve sliced and spread with butter.
TIP: The cake may be sealed in a freezer bag and frozen for up to 1 month. Defrost before serving.