Preparation time: 20 minutes + 2-3 hours chilling
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Calories per serving: 528
– 140g digestive biscuits in fine crumbs
– 85g unsalted butter, melted
– 2 sheets gelatine
– 2tbsp lemon juice
– 350g cream cheese
– 225g caster sugar
– 400g (13oz) thick Greek yogurt
– 1tbsp vanilla extract
For the garnish:
– a few whole strawberries
1. Combine the fine biscuit crumbs with the melted butter until you have the consistency of wet sand. Use this mixture to line the base of an 8 inch springform cake tin. Transfer to the fridge to chill. Meanwhile, soften the gelatine in the lemon juice and a little water if necessary, for 5 minutes.
2. Heat the mixture in a small saucepan over a low heat until the gelatine has dissolved. Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar in a large mixing bowl using an electric hand-held whisk for 2 minutes. Add the Greek yogurt and gelatin mixture, and mix again until smooth. Finally, add the vanilla extract and beat well. Pour onto the biscuit base and tap gently on the side to release any trapped air bubbles.
3. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 2-3 hours until set. When ready to serve portions, remove from the springform tin and cut portions using a sharp, hot knife (run the blade under hot water then dry to heat it). Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with a mixture of the two kinds of strawberries on top and to the side of the portion of cheesecake, as well as a strawberry leaf to the side.