preparation time: 1 hour plus freezing time
- 2 litres good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 50g almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 pack ready-made caramel Swiss rolls
- 125ml sweet dessert wine (or use cherry juice from tin)
- 45ml cherry jam
- 125ml hazelnut chocolate spread
- 100g glacé cherries, chopped
- half a tin of black cherries, chopped
- 180g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- maraschino cherries, to decorate
- Line one large round bowl or two smaller bowls with three layers of plastic wrap.
- Allow a quarter of the ice cream to soften Stir in the toasted almonds and spoon into the lined bowl. Cover with a layer of sliced Swiss roll. Sprinkle with the wine and spoon some jam onto the cake. Place in the freezer until firm.
- Allow another quarter of the ice cream to soften slightly. Mix the chocolate spread into it and spoon onto the frozen layer. Cover with another layer of cake, sprinkle with sweet wine, and cover with the remaining Return to the freezer and freeze until firm.
- Allow the remaining ice cream to soften slightly. Add the glacé cherries and black cherries to the ice cream. Spoon onto the cake and then freeze overnight.
- To serve melt the chocolate and leave to cool. Remove the ice-cream bombe from the freezer and turn it out onto a platter. Remove the plastic wrap. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the bombe, or slice and serve each portion with a drizzle of melted chocolate. Top with maraschino cherries.
|to slice||szeletekre vágni|