preparation time: 30 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
– 4 chicken breast fillets
– bread of your choice, sliced and toasted
– mayonnaise, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, cooked bacon, to serve
– 15ml olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 250ml Guinness stout
– 45ml brown sugar
– 15ml Worcestershire sauce
– 15ml honey
– 10ml malt vinegar
1. Heat the oil and sauté the garlic for a few minutes. Add the remaining glaze ingredients and simmer to reduce by half. Set aside to cool until needed.
2. Cut the chicken breasts open lengthways. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to gently flatten the chicken. Pour the glaze over the chicken pieces and turn to coat.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over a high heat and add a little oil, then fry the chicken pieces for about two minutes on each side until golden and just cooked through.
4. Spread the toast with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, tomato, bacon and chicken. Repeat the layers and top with a slice of toast. Cut in half or into quarters. Hold it together with toothpicks or skewers.