Calories per serving: 437
Fat per serving: 32g
· 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
· 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· 5 teaspoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon seasoned flour
· 1 medium egg, beaten
· 60g fresh fine white breadcrumbs
· vegetable oil, for frying
FOR THE SAUCE:
· 100 ml créme fraiche
· 1 rounded teaspoon each of horseradish sauce, Dijon or English mustard, and coarse-grain mustard
1. Put the strips of chicken in a shallow dish, add the thyme leaves, lemon juice and 3 teaspoons of the oil and leave to marinate for a couple of hours or, better still, overnight.
2. Put the chicken in a sieve to drain off the marinade. Toss the meat in the seasoned flour, shake off the excess. Add the remaining olive oil to the beaten egg. Dip the chicken strips into the mixture, then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Place on a plate and chill for 15 minutes. Heat some vegetable oil, about 5cm deep, in a deep pan and fry goujons, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
3. To make the sauce:Mix all the ingredients and serve cold, or warm in a small pan. Serve in a bowl or spoon round the plate. Not suitable for freezing!
Note: You could use rabbit, pork or turkey instead of chicken!