Suitable for freezing: no
Saturated fat: 3g
– 270g packet (6 sheets) filo pastry
– 45g butter, melted
– 410g jar mincemeat
– 125g fresh or frozen cranberries
– 2 teaspoons icing sugar
– 8×7.5cm Yorkshire pudding tins, brushed with butter
1. Set the oven to gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Cut the stack of filo pastry sheets into 10cm squares. Cover with cling film while you work with them.
2. Layer up 4 filo pastry squares in the base of a tin, brushing each layer with butter and arranging the pastry at alternate angles, like the points of a star. Repeat with the rest of the pastry to make 8 tarts. Bake for 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
3. Spoon mincemeat into the tarts and push cranberries into each one. Bake for 5 minutes, until the cranberries soften slightly. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Source: Rex Features