Saturated fat: 15g
Suitable for freezing: no
For the base:
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
For the topping:
- 4 leaves gelatine
- 300g carton full-fat cream cheese
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 397g can condensed milk
- 250g grapes, red and green, halved
- Extra grapes, halved
- Sprigs of mint
- 20cm round, loose-bottomed cake tin, lined with baking parchment
1. To make the base: Crush the biscuits and mix with the butter. Tip it into the cake tin and press down in an even layer. Chill until set.
2. To make the topping: Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water (the amount of water isn’t important). Beat the cream cheese with the lemon rind and juice until smooth then beat in the condensed milk. Lift the gelatine out of the water and squeeze out the excess moisture, then melt it, either in a microwave oven or in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Pour this into the cheese mixture, and mix it in very quickly before it sets.
3. Spoon about half the mixture over the base and then scatter over the grapes. Spoon the rest of the mixture over the top and level the surface. Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight, until it’s set.
4. To serve, slide it out of the cake tin onto a serving plate and peel away the baking parchment. Decorate with more grapes and a few sprigs of mint.