Total preparation: 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook
– 350ml milk
– 2 eggs
– 200g plain flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp sugar
– vegetable oil, for frying
– to serve: maple syrup,optional
1. Whisk the milk and eggs in a jug, then set aside. Sieve the flour and the baking powder into a bowl, add a pinch of salt, the sugar and combine. Make a well in the centre and gradually pour in the milk and egg mixture. Beat well.
2. Brush a non-stick frying pan with a little vegetable oil and place over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, pour half a ladle of batter into the pan to form a pancake that is approximately 10cm (4in) in diameter.
3. Cook until bubbles start to form, then flip the pancake over and cook the other side until golden.
4. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, if you like.