Próbáld ki te is ezt a hagyományos angol piskótát!
Victoria sponge recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 -25 mins
Calories per serving: 373
Fat per serving: 24g
for the cake
125g self-raising flour
125g butter, softened
125g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
for the filling
4-6 tbsp raspberry jam
142ml carton double cream
Caster sugar, for dredging
2 x 18cm (7in) sandwich tins, buttered, base-lined and floured
1. Set the oven to moderate, 180°C.
2. To make the cake:Tip all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until smooth. Divide mixture between the sandwich tins and level the surfaces.
3. Bake the cakes in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cakes have risen and are golden, and spring back when lightly pressed in the centre.
4. Remove the cakes from the oven and leave them to cool in the tins for 5-10 minutes, then turn them out on to a wire rack and leave them to cool completely.
5. Spread the jam over the base of one of the cakes. Lightly whip the double cream and spread it over the base of the other cake. Sandwich the two cakes together. Dredge with caster sugar before serving.
The unfilled cakes can be packed in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow the cakes to defrost before filling.
caster sugar – finomra őrölt cukor
double cream – nagyon sűrű tejszín(48%)
to dredge – meghinteni
sandwich tin – kerek sütőforma
base-lined – alján kibélelve
to divide – elosztani
to level the surface – elsimítani a tetejét
to spring back – visszaugrik, rugalmas
to whip – felverni
unfilled – töltetlen
to defrost – kiolvasztani