Íme, egy finom, diós, őszi sütemény.
Walnut butterfly buns
Preparation time: 15 mins(plus 30 mins for decorating)
Cooking time: 15 mins
Calories per serving: 338
Fat per serving: 21g
for the buns
60g walnuts, ground or finely chopped
150g self-raising flour
150g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
2 tbsp milk
for the icing
125g icing sugar
60g butter, softened
2 level tsp instant coffee granules
2 pieces walnut
Icing sugar, for dusting
2-hole bun tray, lined with paper cases
Piping bag fitted with star-shape piping tube
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Place all the bun ingredients in a bowl and beat them together until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the lined bun tray.
3. Bake the buns in the centre of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the buns have risen and are just firm to the touch in the centre. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the icing: sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the butter. Dissolve the coffee granules in 1tbsp boiling water and add to the icing sugar. Beat until smooth. If the icing is still very thick, add a little more boiling water. Transfer to the piping bag.
5. Cut off the tops of the cakes and cut each top in half. Pipe a swirl of icing on each cake and replace the two top halves to resemble ‘wings’. Place a piece of walnut in the centre to complete the ‘butterfly’. Dust with icing sugar.
Not suitable for freezing.
finely chopped- finomra vágott
self-raising flour – önkelő liszt
instant coffee granules- instant kávégranulátum
to dust- megszórni porcukorral
bun tray- muffinforma
paper case- sütipapír (pl. muffinhoz)
smooth- csomómentes, sima
to sift- szitálni
to dissolve- feloldani
thick- sűrű, vastag
swirl- örvény, csigaforma