A 2021. februári számunk recept rovatában számos kubai receptet találsz (és egy utazási cikket is), ebből hoztunk neked most egy kis ízelítőt!
Pappas Rellenas – egy gyors kubai finomság (recept angolul)
These mince-filled potato balls are packed with flavour. They’re ideal as a snack for guests or as a light meal with a garden salad.
makes: 8-10 potato balls
preparation: 30 min
chilling: about an hour
cooking: 40 min
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 15ml (1T) milk
- 15ml (1T) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 chillies, chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 10ml (2t) paprika
- 5ml (1t) ground cumin
- 5ml (1t) dried oregano
- juice of 1 lime or 15ml (1T) lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250ml (1c) flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 500ml (2c) breadcrumbs
- oil for deep-frying
- lime wedges
- sea salt
- Mash: Mash the potatoes and milk together and season with salt. Set aside.
- Mince: Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and chillies until fragrant. Add the mince and stir-fry until brown. Add the green pepper and stir-fry until soft.
- Stir in the paprika, cumin, oregano and lime or lemon juice. Season PAPAS RELLENAS with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- To complete: Put 60ml (¼c) of the mash in the palm of your hand, lightly press to flatten and spoon a dollop of mince in the middle of the mash. Fold the mash over the mince and roll into a ball.
- Repeat with the rest of the mash and mince. Roll the balls in the flour and dip in the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs and arrange on a plate. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan. Deep-fry the balls in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve: Serve the papas rellenas with lime wedges and sea salt.