Peach Melba Cheesecake
Suitable for freezing: NO
This recipe: Fat: 9g, Calories: 198
Standard recipe: Fat: 30g, Calories: 400
– 150g dark chocolate oat biscuits, crushed
– 60g low-fat spread
For the filling:
– 5 gelatine leaves
– 1 lemon (zest and juice)
– 2x200g tubs extra low-fat soft cheese
– 250g tub ricotta cheese
– 4 tablespoons caster sugar
For the topping:
– 200g fresh or frozen raspberries
– 2 tablespoons icing sugar
– 415g can peach slices in juice, drained
– 19cm loose-based sandwich tin, base-lined with baking parchment, lightly oiled with spray oil
1. Mix the biscuits and the spread, softened, using your hand, and press the mixture firmly into the tin. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the filling. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes. Mix the lemon zest with the two cheeses and sugar until smooth. Put the lemon juice in a small pan with the squeezed-out gelatine, warm through until the gelatine is just dissolved, then whisk it into the cheese mixture. Spread over the biscuit base and chill for a few hours, until set.
3. To serve, whizz half the raspberries with icing sugar then sieve to make a purée. Take the cheesecake out of the tin. Spoon some of the purée on top, arrange peach slices over and add the rest of the raspberries. Serve with the extra purée.