Peaches in Pink
Calories per serving: 231
Fat per serving: 2g
Saturated fat per serving: 0.2g
Suitable for freezing: NO
– 150ml rosé wine
– 150g golden caster sugar
– Parings and juice of 1 lemon
– 1 vanilla pod, split
– 4 ripe yellow-fleshed peaches
– Greek yogurt, to serve
– About 15g pistachios, chopped
1. Pour the wine and 300 ml water into a small pan, then add the sugar, lemon parings and vanilla pod. Simmer gently until the sugar dissolved.
2. Carefully add the peaches and poach them gently for 7-10 mins, until tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
3. Take the peaches out of the syrup with a slotted spoon and when cool enough to handle, peel away the skin. Put the peaches back int he poaching liquid and leave to cool completely. Chill.
4. Serve the peaches in their syrup as it is, or boil the syrup to thicken and reduce it to about 150 ml, adding the lemon juice, to taste. Leave to cool. Put the fruit in a puddle of syrup sauce with a spoonful of thick Greek yogurt and a sparkling of chopped pistachios.