Saturated fat: 6g
– 1kg boneless chicken thighs
– 2 tsp Nando’s Peri-Peri Salt
– 2 tbsp fresh oregano (or 2tsp dried)
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 270g Nando’s Smokey Portuguese BBQ Peri-Peri Chicken Marinade
– Cocktail or small bamboo sticks
1. Slash chicken thighs several times. Place in a shallow dish and sprinkle over the peri-peri salt.
2. Add the oregano, garlic and olive oil. Secure each chicken thigh into a neat shape with a couple of cocktail sticks or small bamboo sticks.
3. Pour over the peri-peri marinade. Cover, chill and marinate for a couple of hours, to give a good flavour.
4. Cook over a hot grill for 20 mins, turning as needed, until the chicken begins to char and the juices run clear when a sharp knife is inserted.
OUR TIP: Buy a large disposable BBQ – it gives the food a lovely smoky flavour with none of the hard work at the end as you just throw it away. Gas barbecues really don’t give the flavour.