Chandelier Casts Tree Shadows on Wall
A stunning chandelier places giant tree shadows on walls.
Bare tree branches and roots can be beautiful as well.
Hilden & Diaz has created a stunning masterpiece in the form of a chandelier.
Designed and inspired by drawings from the now deceased German biologist, Ernst Haeckel, the light features what appears to be tangled, small roots. Simply called ‘Forms in Nature’, a first quick glance at the piece just shows a modern, almost abstract lighting source hanging from the ceiling.
But when illuminated, the chandelier gives off a shadowing result, creating tall, winding trees on the walls, essentially turning a room into a forest. The artists stated “The shadows engulf the room and transform the walls into unruly shadows of branches, bushes and gnarled trees. Mirrorings are thrown out upon the walls and ceilings and provide weak Rorschach-like hints of faces, life and flow of consciousness.”
How do you like the piece?
Source: GeoBeats Arts
Find the words from the text that fit in the sentences.
1. The room was so full that people were hanging from the …
2. I don’t like forests in the winter when all the trees are …
3. Our old tree survived because its … go deep in the ground.
4. That is the best picture he has ever painted, a real …
5. Her long hair got so … in the water that she had to comb it for half an hour.
6. The lights were turned off and the room was … by candles.
7. It was difficult to drive on the … road, which had a lot of sharp bends.
8. The wooden house was completely … in flames by the time the firemen arrived.
9. The new teacher had a lot of problems with the … children.
10. After the fall he lost his … for a few minutes and didn’t remember how it all happened.