Hogyan kezdjünk el egy beszélgetést?
Read through these mini dialogues to have a better idea how to start a conversation!
AT A PARTYMary: John, this is Emma.
John: Nice to meet you John.
Emma: Nice to meet you, too John. How do you know Mary?
John: We work for the same company.
Emma: Oh! Then you probably know Susan Smith.
John: Yes. Why?
Emma: She is my sister. Unfortunately she couldn't come tonight.
AT THE OFFICE CANTEEN
Minnie: Wow! There are a lot of people in here!
Mickey: Yes! It's always crowded this time! It's coffee time! I'm Mickey, by the way.
Minnie: I'm Minnie. I work downstairs.
Mickey: I'm a human resource manager. I work on the 3rd floor.
Minnie: Nice to meet you!
Mickey: Nice to meet you, too!
AT A CONFERENCE
Ron: Hello. Didn't we meet in Cambridge last year?
George: Cambridge? At the computer conference?
Ron: Yes, you gave a talk about computer education at schools.
George: Oh yes, you're a teacher at St. James College, aren't you?
Ron: That's right.
EXPRESSIONS WITH "CONVERSATION"
- have/hold a conversation (with somebody)
- carry on a conversation (with somebody) (=have a conversation)
- get into (a) conversation (with somebody) (=start having a conversation)
- make (polite) conversation (with somebody) (=talk to someone in order to be polite)
- engage somebody in conversation (a) conversation turns to something (=people start talking about something)
- deep in conversation (=very involved in conversation)
- snatches of conversation (=small parts of a conversation) topic of conversation a private conversation