A videó megnézése után próbálj válaszolni a következő kérdésekre.
source: How Jeans Took Over the World, Insider, Youtube
- Where can the history of denim fabric be traced back and why did they use this fabric?
- Where was the fabric, denim, first produced?
- What brand name is the most well-know in the world of jeans?
- Who was Levi Strauss?
- Who was Jacob Davis? What did he want to do?
- What can be found in the Meatpacking district of Manhattan?
- How much is the turnaround time?
- What happened on 20th May, 1873?
- Why were Levi’s rivets revolutionary?
- When was the name ‘jeans’ first officially used?
- What did the jeans become in the 1960’s?
- What style was in fashion in the 1980’s, 1990’s and early 2000’s?
- How do Rhianna and Kim Kardashian wear jeans?
- Why has denim been a mainstay?
keys/megoldások: 1. to Genoa, Italy, in the 17th century. It was used for work clothes, making it a crucial textile for working class people of northern Italy.; 2. Weavers in Nimes, France, tried to reproduce this fabric. The end result was what we know today as denim.; 3. Levi’s; 4. Levi Strauss shop-owner who moved to San Francisco to open a dry good store and targeted towards people who had moved west for the Gold Rush.; 5. He was a tailor who often bought bolts of fabric from Strauss, asked Strauss to partner with him to patent and sell clothing reinforced with rivets.; 6. a Levi’s Store where there is a Lot 1 program, which allows a customer to design their perfect pair of jeans, from fit, to type of denim, down to every last detail; 7. It is 6 weeks.; 8. It is the day that Levi Strauss was granted he patent for copper-riveted work wear.; 9. they reinforced the stress points of the pants, causing them to be sturdier than other work wear on the market.; 10. in the 1960s.; 11. they became the signifier of the rebellious teens; 12. acid wash, baggy, ripped jeans and skinny jeans; 13. Rihanna wears denim really well and in unexpected ways. Kim Kardashian always rocks jeans pretty well.; 14. Because it is a very hardy fabric and wears out really slowly and looks better as it ages.
|style staple||alapvető stílusdarab|
|bolts of fabric||vég kelmék|
|to reinforce with rivets||szegecsekkel megerősíteni|
|Meatpacking district of Manhattan||elegáns dizájner divatüzletek várják a betérőket, és különleges élményt nyújt a korábbi vasúti felüljárón kialakított High Line park. Felkapott éttermek és klubok sorakoznak, amelyeknek a városrész nevét kölcsönző korábbi húsüzemek épületeiben kialakított tágas terek adnak otthont.|
|down to||egészen valameddig|
|turnaround time||átfutási idő|
|to grant a patent||szabadalmaztatni|
|ripped jeans||szaggatott farmer|
|skinny jeans||szűk szárú farmernadrág|
|to rock||egy ruhadarabot stílusosan és divatosan viselni|