1. After our return from U.S.A. we found our beautiful garden …grown with weeds.
2. I’m not fond of this …modern furniture, I’d rather have something more old-fashioned.
3. These toys could be swallowed so they shouldn’t be given to the …-fives.
4. This rural region is beautiful but it is …populated because people prefer to live in cities.
5. Michael Jackson is one of the few …stars of pop music, he is called the ‘Pope of pop’.
6. Angels and devils are spiritual or …natural beings, they are not controlled by physical laws.
7. The manager tried to explain the delay in his department by saying that they were …staffed.
8. We were late because we …estimated how much time we’d need to get here.
9. Since we still have an hour left, let me give you a …-tour of our city.
10. The committee was …divided into four committees which were to deal with particular problems.
11. One …hertz equals one million cycles per second.
12. I love swimming and I love taking pictures, so I bought an …water camera to enjoy both.
13. On one sheet of this …fiche you can store more than 35 pages of printed word.
14. Don’t …eat or you will become overweight.
15. Spies often use …films for small-scale reproduction of documents.
16. When I watch a movie in French I try to understand the actors and not to read the …titles.
17. I know that your German is very good, but you shouldn’t be …confident.
18. The U.S.A. had a …plus of potatoes last year so over five hundred thousand tons were exported.
19. There were only eight tourists so they hired a …-bus instead of a coach.
20. The champion …fought his opponents and defended his title.
1.A 2.B 3.C 4.D 5.E
6.B 7.B 8.C 9.D 10.E
11.A 12.E 13.B 14.D 15.E
16.E 17.B 18.C 19.D 20.E