1. When I saw her after that accident I was terrified by the ….. of her face.
2. Her child was born with terrible ….. of his legs and hands.
3. Although the baby was born with a severe ….. of the lung, the doctor said she would live.
4. As soon as he was ….. he returned home and tried to forget about the war.
5. After the accident she was ….. for two months and could not leave her bed.
6. You can’t smoke in here because those barrels contain a highly ….. liquid.
7. The firemen’s uniforms are made of ….. material.
8. I’m positive that all the misunderstanding was caused by ……
9. The ….. spread abroad was to confuse the enemy as to the real plans of the government.
10. The largest ….. of the Poles to the Canada took place in the nineteenth century.
11. Strict ….. rules forbid the bringing of any fruit or food into this country.
12. We’ve just been shown another example of ….. killing and violence.
13. How can you be so ….. to the feelings of this poor widow.
14. After a few hours it was obvious that he was not ….. to her charms and people started gossiping.
15. Paul and George are ….. and they have been lovers for over fourteen years.
16. Although he gets on with his gay friends, he is completely ….. and happily married.
17. It’s often claimed that many of the French men are ….. as they like having sex with both men and women.
18. He decided to work ….. hours to earn some more money for the holidays.
19. Do you think that smoking in a room full of non-smokers is ….. behaviour.
20. It is ….. to use any drugs in this country.
1.A 2.A 3.C 4.B 5.A
6.B 7.B 8.A 9.B 10.A
11.B 12.B 13.A 14.C 15.C
16.A 17.B 18.A 19.A 20.E