1. Backroom ….. are people in an organisation whose work is not seen by the public.
2. Compassionate ….. is a short time spent away from work for personal reasons.
3. A ….. union is an organisation for workers with particular skills to represent them to the employees.
4. A ….. dispute is a disagreement between trade unions about what types of work should be done by the members of each of them.
5. The law of ….. returns refers to a situation in which a smaller result is achieved for an increasing amount of effort.
6. Direct ….. is the use of strikes or violence as a way of trying to get what you want from an employer, instead of talking.
7. The division of ….. is a way of organising work done by different groups of people.
8. A ….. year is a year between leaving school and starting university which is usually spent travelling or working.
9. In a ….. strike most people in a country refuse to work, until they are given something that they are demanding.
10. A glass ….. is a point beyond which you cannot improve your position at work.
11. Someone who is …..-picked has been carefully chosen for a special job or purpose.
12. In-….. training takes place during your time at work.
13. The labour ….. is all the people who work for a particular company.
14. A ….. manager is one of the managers who are responsible for production.
15. A golden ….. is an amount of money paid to senior managers when they leave the company.
16. Staff ….. is the amount of employees joining and leaving the company within a period of time.
17. Your ….. record is all your achievements or failures in the past.
18. Blue ….. workers are workers on the factory floor.
19. A tied ….. is a house owned by your employer that you can live in for as long as you are employed.
20. Sick ….. is money given by an employer to someone who cannot work because of illness.
1.A 2.B 3.C 4.D 5.E
6.C 7.B 8.A 9.B 10.B
11.E 12.C 13.D 14.D 15.A
16.B 17.C 18.D 19.A 20.B