Csak beugrott a bankba…
... a taxis pedig mit sem sejtve megvárta a rablót.
Robber got taxi to wait for him while he held up bank
A robber got a taxi to wait for him while he nipped into a bank to hold it up. The thief then made his getaway in the cab with thousands of pounds stuffed in a Tesco bag.
Police said no weapon was used in yesterday’s raid on a branch of Royal Bank of Scotland. And they do not believe the driver knew anything about the robbery. Detective Inspector Rory Hamilton said: “It would not be unusual for a taxi to be asked to wait outside a bank. But we now need the driver to get in touch with us.” Police hope to find CCTV images that will identify the beanie-hatted, 6ft 4in (193 cm) robber who held up the bank in Edinburgh.
robber - rabl
to nip into – beugrani valahova
to hold up a bank – bankot rabolni
thief - tolvaj
to make a getaway - elmenekülni
stuffed – belegyömöszölt, beletömött
weapon - fegyver
branch - bankfiók
unusual - szokatlan
to get in touch with – felvenni a kapcsolatot valakivel
CCTV – biztonsági, térfigyelő kamera-rendszer
to identify - azonosítani
beanie-hatted – kötött sapkát viselő
Fill in the gaps with the right words. There is one extra.
to get in touch with
1. I need to ……………….. my aunt and uncle in Australia. I haven’t seen them for 20 years.
2. This restaurant is quite ……………….. . I haven’t seen anything like this before.
3. The police arrested the ……………….. before he could get away.
4. The shop assistant ……………….. the person who had stolen the wristwatch.
5. You can’t get on an airplane with a ……………….. in your suitcase.
answers: 1-get in touch with 2-unusual 3-robber 4-identified 5-weapon