Celebrate autumn’s bounty of plums, apples and pears with these beautiful desserts.
Preparation time: 25 mins plus cooking time
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, diced
- juice and zest of 1 large orange
- 100g butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 450g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g shortbread biscuits
- 100g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 100g hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- cocoa to dust
- Grease and line a 1L loaf pan with baking paper.
- Cook the fruit, juice and zest in a saucepan for 15 minutes or until the fruit is soft and the juice is syrupy.
- Add the butter, syrup and chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the cocoa. Stir until they’re all well mixed and coated in chocolate.
- Press the mixture into the pan and refrigerate for 5 hours, preferably overnight, until the mixture is set.
- To serve: Unmould the slice, dust with cocoa and slice with a knife that’s been dipped in boiling water. Serve with coffee.
TIP: This will keep for up to one week in the fridge. You can wrap any leftover and freeze for up to six months.
|to grease||zsiradékkal kikenni|