Találós kérdések angolul - egy kis szójátékkal fűszerezve!
Let’s play with the different meanings of words.
1. Q: Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it you die. What is it?
2. Q: What comes down but never goes up?
3. Q: I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
A: A candle.
4. Q: How can a pants pocket be empty and still have something in it?
A: It can have a hole in it.
5. Q: A dad and his son were riding their bikes and crashed. Two ambulances came and took them to different hospitals. The man’s son was in the operating room and the doctor said, “I can’t operate on you. You’re my son.”
How is that possible?
A: The doctor is his mom.
6. Q: What goes up when rain comes down?
A: An umbrella.
7. Q: What travels around the world but stays in one spot?
A: A stamp.
8. Q: If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?
A: A secret.
9. Q: What has hands but cannot clap?
A: A clock.
10. Q: What can you catch but not throw?
A: A cold.
11. Q: What is as light as a feather, but even the world’s strongest man couldn’t hold it for more than a minute?
A: His breath.
12. Q: What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it?
13. Q: What has one eye but cannot see?
A: A needle.
14. Q: If an electric engine is travelling south, which way is the smoke going?
A: There is no smoke, it’s an electric engine.
15. Q: If a blue house is made out of blue bricks, a yellow house is made out of yellow bricks and a pink house is made out of pink bricks, what is a green house made of?
16. Q: Mr. Blue lives in the blue house, Mr. Pink lives in the pink house, and Mr. Brown lives in the brown house. Who lives in theWhite house?
A: The president.
17. Q: What gets broken without being held?
A: A promise.
18. Q: What has eighty-eight keys but can’t open a single door?
A: A piano.
19. Q: What has a neck but no head?
A: A bottle.
20. Q: What has ahead but neverweeps, has a bed but never sleeps, canrun but never walks, and has a bank but no money?
A: A river.
21. Q: What is the last thing you take off before bed?
A: Your feet off the floor.
22. Q. What is something you will never see again?
23. Q: What goes through towns and over hills but never moves?
A: A road.
24. Q: How many months have 28 days?
A: All 12 months.
25. Q: What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?
A: A palm.
Vocabulary and explanations
1. Poor people have nothing. Rich people need nothing. If you eat nothing you die.
2. rain comes down – esik az eső, comes down – lejön, goes up – felmegy
3. candle – gyertya
4. pants – nadrág, hole – lyuk
5. ambulance – mentőautó, operating room – műtő
6. rain comes down – esik az eső, umbrella goes up – kinyílik az esernyő
7.stays in one spot – egy helyben marad, stamp – bélyeg
8. to share a secret – titkot megosztani, elmondani
9. hand of a clock – óramutató, to clap – tapsolni
10. cold – megfázás, to catch a cold – megfázni, to throw – dobni
11. as light as a feather – pehelykönnyű, feather – toll, to hold your breath – visszatartani a lélegzetét
12. delicate – törékeny, finom, silence – csend
13. eye of a needle – tű foka
14. electric engine – villanymozdony, smoke – füst
15. brick – tégla, green house – üvegház, glass – üveg
16. White house – Fehér ház, ahol az elnök lakik, president – elnök
17. to break a promise – nem tartani meg ígéretet, to hold a promise – megtartani ígéretet
18. piano keys – zongorabillentyűk
19. bottle neck – üveg nyaka, neck – nyak
20. river head – folyó forrása, to weep – sírni, river bed – folyómeder, river runs – folyó folyik, river bank – folyópart
21. to take off – levenni, off the floor – padlóról
22. to see again – újra látni
23. to go through – átmenni, to move – mozogni
24. Every month has at least 28 days in it.
25. palm – pálmafa, palm – tenyér