Add roasted garlic to this dish for an extra burst of flavour.
preparation time: 35 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 large chicken breast fillets
• 200ml cream cheese
• 60ml soft butter
• 15ml chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 5ml chopped capers
• 5ml lemon zest
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 200g fresh breadcrumbs
• 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
• 125ml cake flour
• 2 eggs, whisked
• oil for shallow-frying
• baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, and olives
- Place the chicken breast fillets between two layers of greaseproof paper or cling film. Flatten each one with a rolling pin by bashing or rolling them gently until they are about 5mm thick and can be easily folded.
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, parsley, capers, and lemon zest. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Divide the filling between the chicken pieces and roll each one up carefully so that the cream cheese filling is neatly folded inside each fillet. It helps to use a piece of cling film to roll the chicken tightly. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Roll each chicken parcel in the flour, then in egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Shallow-fry the chicken in olive oil until golden brown on all sides. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes, just to make sure the chicken is cooked through. To serve, cut each chicken parcel into three equal pieces and arrange on a bed of baby spinach with roasted cherry tomatoes and olives in-between. This dish goes well with couscous or mashed potatoes.
source: 5 Perc Angol Magazin, 2021 januári szám
|freshly ground||frissen őrölt|
|to bash||ütögetni, veregetni|