Satisfy your noodle craving with one of these dishes brimming with flavour and healthy vegetables.
preparation time: 30 minutes
cooking time: 45 minutes
- 30ml rice vinegar
- 10ml sugar
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3ml ground turmeric
- 10-15ml Thai red curry paste
- peanut oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 500g chicken drumsticks
- 25ml fish sauce
- 10ml soy sauce
- 4 stalks celery, julienned
- 120g sugar snap peas, cut into strips
- 15ml lime juice
- 225g dried egg noodles
- fresh lime or lemon wedges, to serve
- fresh coriander, to serve
- Mix the vinegar, 1ml sugar and 20ml water together. Pour over the onion and set aside.
- Combine the garlic, 2ml salt, turmeric, and red curry paste. Heat 15ml peanut oil in a wok or large saucepan and add the paste mixture. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the thick cream from the top of the coconut milk and stir well. Add the chicken and remaining sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, 150ml water, the fish sauce, and soy sauce. Simmer for 40 minutes, then add the vegetables and cook until they are just done.
- Remove from the heat and take out the chicken. Discard the skin and bones and return the meat to the sauce. Add the lime juice.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water. Once tender, drain well. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan. Create 4 small bundles of noodles by twisting them around a fork. Reserve the remaining noodles.
- Fry the bundles in the oil for about 2 minutes on each side until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- TO SERVE: Divide the remaining noodles among four bowls. Top with chicken and sauce. Add a noodle bundle and serve topped with the red onion, a lime wedge, and coriander.
red curry paste
vörös curry paszta
dried egg noodles
|to brim with||csordultig lenni valamivel|
|julienned||vékony csíkokra vágva|
|to set aside||félretenni|
|to simmer||lassú tűzön főzni|