Szókincsépítés a 'keep' ige szókapcsolataival, szószedettel.
Match the collocations with ’keep’ with their definitions.
a) keep calm
b) keep quiet
c) keep a diary
d) keep a secret
e) keep a promise
1) When someone writes about their life and thoughts in a private notebook.
2) When you do what you said you would do.
3) When you don’t tell anyone what someone has told you in private.
4) When you don’t speak.
5) When you stay relaxed and don’t get angry or excited.
Answers: 1) c, 2) e, 3) d, 4) b, 5) a
Fill in the gaps with the words to make the right collocations with ’keep’:
c) in mind
e) in touch
1) He must learn to keep his temper under ………. because soon he won’t have any friends left.
2) I was very surprised when he kept our ………. because sometimes he doesn’t even show up at all.
3) It was great running into you again after such a long time. Let’s keep ………. .
4) He should keep ………. that without her he would be nowhere.
5) If it costs less than what I gave you, you can keep the ………. and buy a treat for yourself.
Answers: 1) b, 2) a, 3) e, 4) c, 5) d
to keep calm – megőrizni a nyugalmát, nyugodt maradni
to keep quiet – csendben maradni, hallgatni
to keep a diary – naplót vezetni
to keep a secret – titkot tartani/megőrizni
to keep a promise – betartani az ígéretét
to keep an appointment –megbeszélt időponthoz tartani magát
to keep under control – kontrolálni, felügyelet alatt tartani
to keep one’s temper under control – nem elveszíteni a béketűrését
to keep (something) in mind – szem előtt/észben tartani valamit
to keep the change – megtartani az aprót
to keep in touch – tartani a kapcsolatot