1. You look rather …… Are you worried about something?
2. Sorry about the mistake, I ….. the instruction you gave me.
3. Leisure habits won’t change much in the ….. future.
4. The idea that the sun ‘raises’ is a popular ……
E: common sense
5. We had a marvellous holiday and our trip to Paris was ……
6. The judge told him it was ….. to drink and drive, and banned him for a year.
7. They aren’t really clever although they pretend to be, they are simply ……
8. The pain became ….. so we had to call the ambulance.
9. The result was very strange! In fact it was ……
10. The experts believe that the accident was caused by a ….. of the aircraft computer.
C: pick up
11. The traffic problem has improved ….., out of the blue, really.
12. When Paul was made up for the play, he was ……
13. Harry turned up on the wrong day because of a ……
14. Living conditions in some poor African countries are very ……
15. For some people, astrology is not a real science but simply ……
16. You do have some good ideas but your work is very ……
17. They’ve ….. my name on this form. The first letter is D not T.
18. The government’s ….. approach has bought criticism.
19. Newspapers blamed the chaos after the flood on the ….. of the local officials.
20. It was a terrible game. Our team played very ……
1.A 2.C 3.E 4.B 5.D
6.E 7.A 8.D 9.C 10.D
11.A 12.A 13.D 14.C 15.A
16.B 17.C 18.D 19.D 20.E