A videó megnézése után, válaszoljatok a következő kérdésekre.
- Who invented popsicle and how old was this person that time?
- What had he wanted to do originally?
- What happened to the drink?
- What did he do with his ’drink’?
- What did he do later on?
- What was this product called at the beginning and why?
- What did others claim about the name of the product?
- How was the name ’popsicle’ born according to rumors?
1. Frank Epperson, he was eleven years old.;
2. He had wanted to make a sort of DIY drink that was very popular at this time. He poured a sugary soda powder into a glass of water and mixed it enthusiastically with a wooden stir stick;
3. It became frozen-solid due to the low temperature at that night.;
4. Instead of throwing it out, he tasted/licked it.;
5. Frank began making the frozen treat for friends, and as he grew older, began selling them as Eppsicles.;
6. It was called Eppsicles, a contraction of his last name and the word icicle.;
7. Others claimed the name is a combination of lollipop and icicle.;
8. Frank’s own kids dubbed the icy delicacy Pop’s ‘cicle.
|DIY drink||saját készítésű ital|
|sugary soda powder||cukrozott porított italkeverék,
vízzel keverve gyümölcsös ízű
ital állítható elő belőle
|wooden stir stick||fa keverő pálcika|
|frozen treat||fagyasztott édesség|
|to catch attention||figyelmet megragadni|